Friday, March 13, 2009

Charity Hat #2 for 2009 - finished


Charity hat 2
Originally uploaded by amyjunkins
This is the second charity hat that I finished. No pattern, all stockinette. Size US8 (5.00mm) needles on 36grams of TLC Amore yarn - in vanilla and rose.

For the horizontal stripes, I switched colors every two rows, carrying the opposite color up the inside of the hat, catching it under the working yarn as I went to make it hidden. The vertical stripes are my first time trying stranded colorwork. I held the rose in my left hand and worked it continental-style, which is my normal style of knitting. I held the vanilla in my right hand and worked it english-style, which was new to me, and did feel pretty awkward. I consulted my coworker Carolyn, who knits english, to see how she holds and tensions her yarn to try to find something that felt comfortable.

No comments:


View My Stats