Thursday, February 28, 2008

FO: Fingerless Fishtail Mitts

GREAT pattern from Knitting Pattern-a-Day: 2008 Day-to-Day Calendar.

Used US 6 / 4.0 mm Clover bamboo DPNs. In the "American Beauty" colorway of worsted Malabrigo. Or should I say MMmmmmmmalabrigo?

I ended up with 9 pattern repeats total. 4 before the thumbhole, 1 for the thumbhole, and 4 after the thumbhole. I saw some fingerless mitts my cousin-in-law knit based on the Koolhaas hat stitch pattern that nearly covered her fingers and that got my head thinking about needing fingerless mitts with a bit more coverage than my fetching mitts.

Fishtail Fingerless Mitts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am brand new to Ravelry, could you tell me how I can get this pattern? The website is a bit confusing at first! I would appreciate any help! Happy Knitting

AmyJ said...

You cannot actually get this pattern from Ravelry. This one is a pattern from the "Knitting Pattern-a-Day: 2008 Day-to-Day Calendar".

Here's is the pattern page on Ravelry... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fishtail-fingerless-mitts

It's still available (the whole calendar) on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Pattern-Day-Day-Calendar/dp/1579393306%3FSubscriptionId%3D1YZR91QYB6WCG3PM78G2%26tag%3Dravelry-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D1579393306


View My Stats