Friday, February 22, 2008

FO: PIE blanket

Just finished this up and turned it over yesterday. I knit this as a donation to my company's United Way Auction. Basically, I donated a "hand knit item of your choice". The person that bid on and won my item got to decide what type of item they wanted, with some input from me as to suitable yarn choices/exact patterns. This is for his sister-in-law, who is expecting a baby in March.

Here's the original pattern: http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/pie/pie.html

I knit it on US 10.5 circular needles (knit picks nickel plated options) using ALMOST 5 hanks of knit picks bare superwash merino.

Because I'm a geek like that, I calculated how long it took me to do a row and then multiplied out from there to get an approximation of the time spent knitting... 26 hours.

Here's a closeup of the stitch pattern.

PIE baby blanket

No comments:


View My Stats