Saturday, February 9, 2008

WIP: A's killer bees sock

And here's a picture of sock#1 of the pair - prior to my first "too tight" bind off attempt.

killer bees yarn pirate toe up sock

I am happy to report that I was able to tink (un-knit, "knit" spelled backwards) the tight bind off and bound off using the combo of rivki and miri's advice. And the sock fits. It has been washed and is currently drying.

I am using the Seeded Ribbing pattern stitch from Charlene Schurch's book, More Sensational Knitted Socks. I seriously love this book. I have made the majority of the handknit socks I've done from this book. Using US1 (2.25mm) Harmony 32" fixed circular needle from Knit Picks, magic looping. Getting 9 stitches per inch, cast on 56. A's foot is 6" long and 5.75" circumference. Long and skinny like daddy's feet. Grandma S calls them "expensive feet" and I agree.

No comments:


View My Stats